Lindsay Paige's Reviews > 5 Reasons to Leave a Lover - A Novella and Other Short Stories

5 Reasons to Leave a Lover - A Novella and Other Short Stories by Carolyn Moncel

Jan 10, 12

bookshelves: own
Read on January 09, 2012, read count: 1

I don't really know what to say about this book. I didn't develop feelings for the characters. Sure, I felt bad for them and what they were going through, but that was it. It was as if I was detached from their lives. This is a story I'd rather be attached to the characters and live their lives with them instead of being a bystander.

This is a relatively quick read and the writing is great. However, there were some instantances that I wish the French terms were explained. There were a couple that I couldn't pick up just by the way it was spelled or in context. If I did have an idea, I wanted to be sure. Being unsure left me sort of bleh.

Addict's Last Words: 5 Reasons to Leave a Lover wasn't really the read for me. It may be a read for you though!

To Buy or To Borrow: Borrow.

Disclosure: A copy of this book was provided for me by the author. No payment was received by me in exchange for this review. There was not any obligation to write a positive review. All opinions expressed here are entirely mine and may not necessarily agree with those of the author, the book's publisher and publicist, or the readers of this review. This disclosure is in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255, Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read 5 Reasons to Leave a Lover - A Novella and Other Short Stories.

message 1: by Carolyn (new) - added it

Carolyn Moncel Hi Lindsay, thanks so much for your review! I think I will have something that you might like a little better later this year. :) It's a YA novel called Nearly Lost You that I'm co-writing with my daughter. The main character, Isobel Ballou is 15 and would like nothing better than to see her parents finally get divorced but life has other plans. :) If you decide you'd like to check it out, just drop me a note in my inbox and I would be very happy to send you a copy when it's ready! All the best and thanks again! Carolyn