Darius's Reviews > The Wisdom of the Enneagram: The Complete Guide to Psychological and Spiritual Growth for the Nine Personality Types

The Wisdom of the Enneagram by Don Richard Riso

Sep 11, 2009

Read in September, 2009

Great so far, already learning about myself by page 31!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Wisdom of the Enneagram.

message 1: by Otis (new)

Otis Chandler I have to ask - how the heck did you come by this?

message 2: by Darius (new) - added it

Darius my leadership coach suggested it to learn more about myself.

message 3: by Otis (new)

Otis Chandler You have a leadership coach?

message 4: by Darius (new) - added it

Darius yup. specifically:

We meet once a week and talk about current issues I'm facing. I figured I needed it when I got to be a manager and had no mba or leadership experience and bebo agreed. It's not an mba, but it did help me address some common issues and my biggest flaws as a manager. For instance, it helped me delegate and hold people accountable better than I was doing, structure my role so I could be productive as well as healthy, and act more like a leader. Also, she is an invaluable outlet/sounding board for the frustrations/irrationality that a good manager doesn't subject his/her coworkers to. heh, and my mom suggested this company to me when I asked her about coaches.

And I have a therapist, a personal trainer and a masseuse. I honestly find them all quite helpful and have improved a lot since having them, but perhaps there is something wrong with paying so many people to support you, but I like it more than the things I could buy for that cash.

phew, that was long.