Randa's Reviews > My Soul to Take

My Soul to Take by Rachel Vincent

Nov 10, 11

bookshelves: mysterious, demons, scary-horror, ghosts, reapers, souls, favorites
Read from October 21 to November 09, 2011

1st: The cover: I adore it! This is the U.K edition which is way prettier than the U.S one. It completely suits the story and the heroine, Kaylee. There’s one thing I’m not sure I understand, which is the review written on the cover by Kirkus Reviews, what does Twilight have in common with the Soul Screamers series?? If you know, then please share it with me!

2nd: The content: Before you read this books, go and get the free prequel from here or else you will feel like you were left out when you start this one :).

What I loved most about it is that it’s not that romantic although we do have some romantic atmosphere in the story, which only added to the beauty of the story. If I was asked to categorize it I’d definitely put it in the horror shelf, my favorite :D.

The story is just unique and twisted. You could not guess how it’ll develop or end up, you’ll be interested to know what’s going on while you’re reading you wont be able to put the book down, at all!

Just for your information, the story isn’t so scary and it’s a bit funny, you’ll find yourself laughing from chapter to chapter. The story was well written and I liked that there weren’t too many chapters and that each one wasn’t so long :).

The end is in one word awesome.

3rd: The characters: I’ll definitely say that my favorite characters are Tod, Nash and Kaylee in this exact order. I love them! Once Tod shows up in the story, you’ll start reading funny moments ^_^

Conclusion:

The book is just good. You’ll really enjoy it if you’re into horror/funny/romantic YA novels. If it was up to me, I wouldn’t compare it to Twilight but to The Body Finder by Kimberly Derting which I didn’t like much, not until I got to the second book. This one is way much better :).

I hope you enjoy it!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read My Soul to Take.

10/21/2011
10/25/2011
11.0% "Sooo cool! X)"
10/29/2011
28.0% "Poor Kaylee, she's so brave :'s"
10/30/2011
47.0% "*_* <3"
11/06/2011
65.0% "Great! Now all fantasy creatures exist! :D"
show 1 hidden update…