Kimberly's Reviews > Sexy by Design

Sexy by Design by Avery Beck

Oct 07, 11

bookshelves: contemporary, erotic, review, read-2009, romance

Originally posted on Joyfully Reviewed: http://www.joyfullyreviewed.com/revie...

After a pregnancy test that doesn’t belong to her appears in Bree Jamison’s home, she dumps her boring old life and reinvents herself, complete with a sexy new demeanor and job to match. With a temporary position as a web designer that she hopes to make permanent for Paula’s Pleasure House, Bree loves her new job and is determined to impress her boss. But to do that, she also has to impress her boss’ brother and new marketing consultant. Evan Willet, the man in question, just happens to be the man Bree shared one horrible night of rebound sex with.

Evan can’t believe the stunning woman in front of him is the shy woman he shared a disastrous night with. Evan finds himself determined to figure out who the true Bree is, and to replace memories of their previous encounter with far more pleasurable ones. And with an office full of sex toys around them, they’ll tempt, tease, and seduce one another until desire turns into more than either expected. Something that, to both of them, feels a lot like love.

What I wouldn’t give to work at Paula’s Pleasure House! Avery Beck has created a cast of likeable, fun, and intriguing characters in the wonderful Sexy by Design. I adored Bree for her decision to make a new life for herself. It was delightful watching her find her true self working in a place unlike any her family would imagine for her. As for Evan, he won me over with his intelligence and caring for those he loved. It was a joy to watch Evan and Bree learn more about one another and discover that neither was what the other expected them to be. From erotic encounters to far more intimate moments of conversation, Sexy by Design held me captive with my need to see Bree and Evan find happiness with one another.

Ms. Beck has penned an utterly engaging tale that’s a mix of sensuality, tenderness, and fun. I absolutely loved Sexy by Design and cannot wait to read more of Ms. Beck’s work!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sexy by Design.