Margaret's Reviews > Are Women Human? Astute and Witty Essays on the Role of Women in Society

Are Women Human? Astute and Witty Essays on the Role of Women... by Dorothy L. Sayers
Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Are Women Human? Astute and Witty Essays on the Role of Women in Society.

Quotes Margaret Liked

Dorothy L. Sayers
“In fact, there is perhaps only one human being in a thousand who is passionately interested in his job for the job's sake. The difference is that if that one person in a thousand is a man, we say, simply, that he is passionately keen on his job; if she is a woman, we say she is a freak.”
Dorothy L. Sayers, Are Women Human? Astute and Witty Essays on the Role of Women in Society

Dorothy L. Sayers
“What we ask is to be human individuals, however peculiar and unexpected. It is no good saying: "You are a little girl and therefore you ought to like dolls"; if the answer is, "But I don't," there is no more to be said.”