Beanbag Love's Reviews > The Runaway Duke

The Runaway Duke by Julie Anne Long

Oct 08, 11

Read from October 07 to 08, 2011

Closer to 3.5. I love Julie Anne Long's writing or this one wouldn't have held up. She created a couple of really good lead characters and then tossed them in a story so rife with coincidences it was laughable. Really, the coincidences were so outrageous that they should have been remarked on in a post-modern way but they weren't.

However, I do love JAL's writing so I'm glad I read it. It also contains one of the loveliest declaration moments I've read in a while:

"I love you," she murmured.

The words ... it was as though an entire sun had exploded in his chest.

He'd been ridiculous. His thrashing thoughts, his grand confusion and torment and helplessness -- it was only love, had always been love, he supposed. It was no precipice he stood at, or rather precipices have little meaning when one finally acknowledges that one has wings. Connor stepped off.

"I love you, too."

Such grave, inadequate words for what it was he felt.

*sigh*

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Runaway Duke.

Quotes Beanbag Liked

Julie Anne Long
“I love you," she murmured.

The words ... it was as though an entire sun had exploded in his chest.

"I love you, too."

Such grave, inadequate words for what it was he felt.”
Julie Anne Long, The Runaway Duke

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by AgentScully (new)

AgentScully Fab review Bean!

seton I dunno. The writing in this is so far from the way that JAL writes now that I wouldnt even recommend it to hardcore JAL fans. I didnt think this bk was good. At all.