Kathryn's Reviews > Vision of Tarot

Vision of Tarot by Piers Anthony

Oct 07, 11

bookshelves: fantasy
Read in December, 2007, read count: 1

Vision of Tarot is refreshingly free of Piers Anthony's usual digressions on boobies (I sometimes wonder if it has ever occurred to him that he might have female readers...), but that’s about all it has to offer. This is the middle of three books about a planet called Tarot, on which members of many competing religious sects live. The main character, Brother Paul, is from Earth, and he has been sent to Tarot to try to find its God. The way to find God is to go into Animations, which appear to be mystical spots on Tarot that cause people to have very detailed visions. Or something.

I might understand the plot a little better had I read the first book, but frankly, I’m not really interested. As usual, the main character is an avatar for Anthony, and this book is really about his own search for God. I might be interested had he prosecuted the search in anything resembling an honest fashion, but he has done little more than repeat the tired canards you can read in any religion-related thread on the internet. So, if those threads are your cup of tea, then pick up this book. Otherwise, skip it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Vision of Tarot.