AJ Lindell's Reviews > The Case for a Creator: A Journalist Investigates Scientific Evidence That Points Toward God

The Case for a Creator by Lee Strobel

May 11, 08

Lee Strobel starts this book by telling the readers about his prior atheism, and his wife's conversion to Christianity was his impetus to discern the 'truth' behind the scientific evidence for or against a divine Creator.

This is fine, and I wouldn't mind this book if that is what he actually did. Instead he 'interviews' only those who support the divine creator hypothesis, and all of his questions are ones that he knows his interviewee already has an answer for. (Assuming he did any research before his interview)

He (and those being interviewed) are guilty of a wide array of logical fallacies throughout, and the entire book is an exercise in dishonesty.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Case for a Creator.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Stacey (new)

Stacey So what did you think of it?

message 2: by AJ (new) - rated it 1 star

AJ Lindell It was nearly impossible for me to get through. Terrible.

John Martindale I thought the same thing, and then the subtitle sunk in, which was "A Journalist Investigates Scientific Evidence That Points Toward God" No...moreI thought the same thing, and then the subtitle sunk in, which was "A Journalist Investigates Scientific Evidence That Points Toward God" Not investigates the opposition. If you wanted a balanced presentation the mere title "Case for a creator" should have been a clear warning

Matthew Bryant I'm a Christian and I totally agree with this review. The book is woefully contrived and I can't understand why it has such a high rating!

message 5: by Ian (new) - rated it 2 stars

Ian Keeney In a case, there is a prosecutor and defendant. This book is completely one sided. He should have interviewed both sides. I kept waiting for it to happen but it didn't. I am a follower of Jesus who used to be a militant atheist; however, if this book was the first bit of studying I did on the topic, I would have torn this to pieces. I do think that there are some very good points made in the book, but overall I feel like the book is dishonest. I think any atheist could clearly see through that so it's not much of a "case." If he had at least one or two interviews with a counter viewpoint, I probably would have rated it much higher.