Byron's Reviews > Dawn of Darkness

Dawn of Darkness by Daniel A. Kaine

Nov 01, 11

bookshelves: fantasy-sci-fi, m-m-read, paranormal, ya-recommended
Read from October 30 to November 02, 2011 — I own a copy

WHERE'S BOOK 2??? O_O

Damn, but this is Daniels first effort at writing.. and it's gripping.. An emotional roller coaster ride in places.

Characters are well formed with good back grounds. They fit into the plot as required without coming across as filler. The main character is very well formed from the outset. I found it quite easy to be caught up in everything happening.

Story has no lag, jumps or plot holes that could easily have annoyed or detracted from the journey.

My one criticism of the story is the ending but I'm not sure how it really affects everything. This story could have been tied up before the actual ending, (as I kept expecting it to!) It sort of felt everything happened VERY quickly at the end. BUT having said that, I really don't know that the ending could have been dragged out in the next book. I guess I will have to wait and see.

Overall I have to say I think this book is as close to a work of art as can be. I don't need to sit back and 'appreciate' the obvious attention to details, the character descriptions or any of a myriad of other things one want's to acknowledge a writer for in their work. The book does it all. I am going to harrass Daniel though for the next book... NOW!!!!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dawn of Darkness.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Daniel Kaine *blushes* Thanks for the review, Byron. Glad you liked it.

Byron Soooo where is book 2? ? ? ;-)

Patricia Lynne That's what I said when I finished, Byron. I think I need to start something, gather ppl so he gets the series finished faster. >8D

Byron Maybe he needs his distractions taken away from him. . . :-D

Patricia Lynne I think I've threatened taking away distractions (or at least hawt guys) but he claims that will demotivate him.

Byron Hmmmm we both have access to groups he belongs to. . . Maybe we can get tthem to participate. . (Am i being mean? Probabley but I wanna know MORE!)

Patricia Lynne Sounds like a plan. MUAHAHAHA! FYI, I don't think we're being mean at all. Just persistant.