Eddie Jones's Reviews > Bahama Breeze

Dec 29, 2014

(Review from the author)
bookshelves: currently-reading
Read from October 07 to 11, 2011

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Bahama Breeze.

Quotes Eddie Liked

Eddie Jones
“Bert, a slow moving tropical storm that had spent the past few days wandering around the Bahamas like a dog looking to do its business. Circle once, circle twice, and squat. Now the storm had settled over Cockroach Cay, prompting Sonny to conclude that renting a sailboat during hurricane season, while exciting and dangerous, was too much fun for him. He was glad they were still at the dock.”

Eddie Jones
“Sonny plunged back to earth like Neil Armstrong. Or maybe it was Lance Armstrong. Sonny could never remember which man had ridden around the moon seven times. But he knew he was headed for a splashdown.”

Eddie Jones
“Sir, was there a reason you called?” “Wild Bill Boggs? Know him?” “First term congressman from Texas? Running for president?” Anna felt her stomach tighten. “What about him?” “Dated once, didn’t you?” “I wouldn’t call it a date. We were on the same cruise ship. He had a state-room overlooking the pool. I slept in a bunk above the engine room. He probably wouldn’t remember me.” “Oh, he remembers you, all right. Called to ask if you were available for a little undercover work. His words, not mine. He’s got another of his fund-raising junkets planned for this weekend in the Bahamas.” “You want me to babysit Boggs?” “When you put it that way…yes. That’s exactly what I want you to do.”

10/07/2011 page 121
44.0% ""I left because I loved you-still love you," Sonny said. "Maybe my leaving was a mistake, but I was only trying to set you free.""Thanks for not telling me about... you know, over the phone," replied Anna. "Maybe if we'd had more time…""We did," he said, thumbing away a tear. "A whole lifetime. And I wasted it."
- Sonny & Anna"