J.Elle's Reviews > Once in a Full Moon

208599
Oct 07, 2011

it was ok
Read in May, 2011

** spoiler alert ** Celeste has a perfect boyfriend, Nash, but when Brandon, a mysterious newcomer from the wrong side of the track enrolls in her school, she cannot deny her attraction to him. Thus, the stage is set for a whole book about her inwardly declaring to herself that she doesn’t care what her friends and others think and she’s going to publicly declare her relationship with Brandon and then outwardly maintaining her relationship with Nash while sneaking around to meet with Brandon, who, oh yes, did I forget to mention, is a werewolf? I wish the author had made her stronger and more immune to peer pressure, so that we could really get behind her as a good heroine. Anyway, I felt this was a pitiful book overall, except for one teensy, tiny thing. At one point, Celeste loses her phone (she doesn’t know where) and Brandon ends up giving it back to her some time later. At this point, she doesn’t know him very well. Later, her phone rings and the ringtone is one she didn’t program in. It’s the song, Fly Me To The Moon, and Brandon is calling. While he had her phone, Brandon programmed in his number and set it to this song. As a Frank Sinatra lover, I thought this was pretty cute.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Once in a Full Moon.