Mel's Reviews > A Perfect Blood

A Perfect Blood by Kim Harrison

Woohoo, lets get out some champagne and celebrate because the girl is finally behaving like she has a head on her shoulders and is actually using it! Yes, I am talking about Rachel. Our girl is finally growing up. The story is every bit as good as Pale Demon. Ivy and Jenks are progressing wonderfully. Al fans will be happy too because he makes several appearances. There are surprises and plot twists to shock, but still no hot and heavy action between Rachel and Trent. I have always been a huge fan of Trent and believed with all my heart that he was simply misunderstood. This book will help anti-Trent fans begin to view him as he really is. Again, Harrison has left us with another cliff-hanger and I am breathlessly awaiting next year. I wish she could put out two books a year. This book probably deserves five stars, but I am very impatient and tired of waiting to learn who Rachel will give her heart to.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Perfect Blood.

Cher man, everybody has read this book and I'm sooo jealous.

message 2: by Mel (new) - rated it 4 stars

Mel Sorry, I can say that I was disappointed but it was good. I got mine off of E-Bay. It was a birthday present to myself. My family thinks I am crazy to pay so much for one book.

Cher I'm in the same boat.Ready to buy one on ebay for a crazy price.You must tell what dissappointed you about this book?

Cher just read your ereview and now understand what disappointed you.It must be the Trent/Rachel.

message 5: by Mel (new) - rated it 4 stars

Mel Oh yeah, I really would love for them to get together soon or for her relationship or love interest to simply be resolved. Then, we can move onto more interesting plot twists. It is just something that is driving me absolutely bonkers:p

Cher please tell me that Ivy isn't still a possible love interest for her!!!!That storyline is sooo done for me(about three books back).

message 7: by Mel (new) - rated it 4 stars

Mel All I am saying is that Ivy's love interests are not tied up. :(

Cher Boooo!

message 9: by Mel (new) - rated it 4 stars

Mel Do not want to spoil it for you when you get to read it. Sorry:(

message 10: by Lynn (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lynn Thanks for the preview Mel! I guess it's time to preorder my hardcover & e-book copies.

message 11: by Mel (new) - rated it 4 stars

Mel You are welcome and you will enjoy it!

Jennifer I too wish the books weren't spaced out so much, but I will definitely look foreward to more books on rachel.

message 13: by Mel (last edited Dec 31, 2011 09:22AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Mel I get too impatient between the Hollows books. Although romance novels can become monotonous, the recurring theme of happy endings is a welcome change. I do not have to worry about what will happen next. LOL. That is why I mix up the genres a bit. If I need an immediate happy ending, I read a paranormal romance, romantic suspense, or romantic comedy. :)

Jamie ~ Bad Boy Inspector I totally agree with you. I just wish she would realize what a great man Trent is already. This book just showed the side that I always new Trent had.

message 15: by Mel (new) - rated it 4 stars

Mel Jamie wrote: "I totally agree with you. I just wish she would realize what a great man Trent is already. This book just showed the side that I always new Trent had."

I always tell my kids patience is a virtue but I myself am totally lacking virtue in regard to Trent. I want lots of Trent and Rachel action and I want it NOW!