Bethany C's Reviews > Con & Conjure

Con & Conjure by Lisa Shearin

Oct 18, 11

Read from October 07 to 18, 2011

This will be a very short review because I didn't find anything to really critique in this book. As usual Raine can grumble about her situation with that damn rock, but she never crosses the line into whiny and is a very likable heroine. The other characters are also great too, especially her family members. Likewise the author really makes you hate the 'bad guys.' Great plot that keeps me interested 100% of the time- just like all the other books in the series. I don't know how many books are planned for this series (or even if the number is definite already) but I'm hoping Raine remains bonded to the rock for a few more. I figure this series can't be indefinite; she's got to figure out a way of getting rid of the Saghred eventually. Of course the author is a good enough writer that I'm sure she can create some adventures for Raine that don't involve the Saghred (which I'm crossing my fingers for) but I think it's a safe assumption that the last book will have Raine dispensing of her connection with the rock. Maybe a spin-off for Phaelan? I think I'm going to go to her website right now and suggest it!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Con & Conjure.