Amy's Reviews > Close Your Eyes

Close Your Eyes by Amanda Eyre Ward

Oct 07, 11

Read in October, 2011

This is the first book I have read by this author. Overall it was fine - a very quick read. There were parts that captivated me and I enjoyed, especially the brother/sister relationship and Alex's story. I also liked how the author made Gerry an understanding, empathatic boyfriend....very refreshing!!!

I was shocked to start reading "Book 2" where it picks up with new characters, but that twist did leave me wanting to know how the characters related. I enjoyed the different facets of this storyline; however, I thought the resolution was not complete. What about Sylvia???? What happens to her? Does she ever forge a relationship with Lauren. Things also didn't make sense to me. The father was engaged to someone in Egypt, so couldn't or wouldn't be be with Pauline. Yet, he doesn't go through with arranged wedding to be with Lauren's mom?? A bit more depth into the relationship of the former "adults" would have been better. The murder scene didn't ring true either.....a flashback to help clarify it would have been helpful.

Definitely will read another book by this author.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Close Your Eyes.