Stephanie Cook's Reviews > Dear John

Dear John by Nicholas Sparks

Oct 07, 11

bookshelves: favorites
Read in March, 2011

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dear John.

Quotes Stephanie Liked

Nicholas Sparks
“Passion is passion. It's the excitement between the tedious spaces, and it doesn't matter where it's directed...It can be coins or sports or politics or horses or music or faith...the saddest people I've ever met in life are the ones who don't care deeply about anything at all.”

Nicholas Sparks
“And when her lips met mine, I knew that I could live to be a hundred and visit every country in the world, but nothing would ever compare to that single moment when I first kissed the girl of my dreams and knew that my love would last forever.”

Nicholas Sparks
“And for the briefest instant, it almost feels like we're together again.”

Nicholas Sparks
“I finally understood what true love meant...love meant that you care for another person's happiness more than your own, no matter how painful the choices you face might be.”

Nicholas Sparks
“Our story has three parts: a beginning, a middle, and an end. And although this is the way all stories unfold, I still can't believe that ours didn't go on forever.”

Nicholas Sparks
“And then I feel as if I'm witnessing a miracle, as ever so slowly she raises her face towards the moon. I watch her drink in the sight, sensing the flood of memories she's unleashed and wanting nothing more than to let her know I'm here. But instead I stay where I am and stare up at the moon as well. And for the briefest instant, it almost feels like we're together again.”

Nicholas Sparks
“I love you, not just for now, but for always, and I dream of the day that you’ll take me in your arms again.”

Nicholas Sparks
“When I look in the mirror, I know I’m looking at someone who isn’t sure she deserves to be loved at all.”

Nicholas Sparks
“That's the big mistake a lot of people make when they wonder how soldiers can put their lives on the line day after day or how they can fight for something they may not believe in. Not everyone does. I've worked with soldiers on all sides of the political spectrum; I've met some who hated the army and others who wanted to make it a career. I've met geniuses and idiots, but when all is said and done,we do what we do for one another. For friendship. Not for country, not for patriotism, not because we're programmed killing machines, but because of the guy next to you. You fight for your friend, to keep him alive, and he fights for you, and everything about the army is built on this simple premise. ”

Nicholas Sparks
“Dear John, tell me everything. Write it all down, that way, we’ll be with each other all the time, even if we’re not with each other at all.”

Nicholas Sparks
“Being in love, I find myself smiling for no reason at all...”
tags: love

Nicholas Sparks
“No matter where it is in the sky... No matter where you are in the world... the moon is never bigger than your thumb. -John”

Nicholas Sparks
“and all I could think was that I would like to spend every morning for the rest of my life waking up beside her”

Nicholas Sparks
“It's possible to go on, no matter how impossible it seems.”

Nicholas Sparks
“Everything around me makes me miss you.”

Nicholas Sparks
“She leaned into me, and when I closed my eyes, I knew I wanted nothing more than to hold her this way forever.”