Jeanie's Reviews > Rescuing Ambition

Rescuing Ambition by Dave Harvey

Oct 07, 2011

Read from November 10 to 18, 2011

This is probably one of the best Christian living books I have read this year. How to glorify God by your ambitions. We all have them however, they can be selfish ambition or God glorifying. There is a foundation and it is truth and the truth is who God is according to his word. We all have to face that and it is usually pretty painful. However, there is beauty in the pain and it is the holiness of God. I thought the book was very well written, laying out the ground work of what Glory to God is and what glory to self is. Even in the Christian world of churches, music, the focus can be on us, when it needs to be on the Gospel. I liked how Harvey drove faith into glorifying God. It does take faith. Not the see what happens kind of faith but intentional faith. Out of selfish ambition there is usually jealousy, pride, bitterness, etc. Out of God glorifying ambition, you will see the fruit of the spirit in all circumstances. The most freeing aspect of this book was realizing that having God's approval changes why we obey, aspire and and apply. (page 59) We do have hope.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Rescuing Ambition.

11/16/2011 page 50
31.0% "I am really liking this book. Our ambition in life is tied to our faith. What we put our hope on, is it work, family, etc. or is it God. And by God does that mean we put our hope in his character or what he can do for us."
11/17/2011 page 90
56.0% "Many times and looking back, my failures, my hurts means opportunity for God's Glory."