Jennifer Wardrip's Reviews > Pretty Little Liars

Pretty Little Liars by Sara Shepard

May 11, 2008

bookshelves: trt-posted-reviews

Reviewed by Safia Abdul for TeensReadToo.com

Alison, Emma, Spencer, Aria, and Hanna were once the best of friends back in the summer between seventh and eighth grade. They held private sleepovers, passed notes in homeroom, and shared their darkest secrets. Then a tragic incident shook the safe, suburban town of Rosewood: Alison vanished without a trace. Now years later, Alison still hasn't been found and the other girls are now in the eleventh grade, but are no longer friends.

Emma is the sporty teen, obedient, and every parents' dream daughter. Aria is back from Iceland, more mysterious and prettier than ever. Chubby Hanna has lost the weight and has transformed herself into a sexy "It Girl," while Spencer is a smart and preppy overachiever. Perfect lives, huh? Almost.

When strange, threatening messages began appearing from a mysterious "A", the girls must face their past and the dark secrets they thought they had buried forever.

PRETTY LITTLE LIARS is an eerie novel that gave me the chills with every chapter. Well-written and full of suspense, I'm sure it will attract many readers and also make a popular television show. With a cliffhanger ending, I definitely cannot wait for the sequel!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Pretty Little Liars.

message 1: by Kelly (new) - added it

Kelly her name is emily not emma

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

yaaa itz not emma its Emily

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

It's Emily

Vania Rocio emma? it's emily!

message 5: by Sarah (new)

Sarah NightOwl emily.

Mackenzie Emily, not Emma.

Nadia Emily, not Emma. At first I thought you were confused with "The Lying Game."

message 8: by Valeria (new) - added it