Ryn McAtee's Reviews > Baby's in black. The Story Of Astrid Kirchherr & Stuart Sutcliffe

Baby's in black. The Story Of Astrid Kirchherr & Stuart Sutcl... by Arne Bellstorf

May 30, 12

bookshelves: graphic-novel, disappointing, music, own, non-fiction, beatles, real-life-stories
Read from January 19 to 20, 2012

Honestly, I found myself disappointed with this book. I'm quite familiar with the story of the Beatles in Hamburg, as well as the story of Stuart and Astrid, and I was hoping that this book could expand it, show it in a new light, whatever. No? Well, that's okay; even if I didn't learn anything new, it still would have been nice to see a good, literary interpretation of my favorite people. Except that was not delivered either. Most of the characters were quite two-dimensional (with the exception of Pete who was there maybe once), and even the "main" characters (John, Klaus, Stu and Astrid) could have been fleshed out much, much more. The actual story of all of these people and these events are fascinating; the author had so much to work with and he chose not to.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Baby's in black. The Story Of Astrid Kirchherr & Stuart Sutcliffe.