Van (Short & Sweet Reviews)'s Reviews > Deadworld

Deadworld by J.N. Duncan

Oct 17, 11

Read from October 07 to 17, 2011

Not what I expected. The book started out with FBI agent Jackie and her partner Laurel being called to the scene of a dead boy. The boy was drained of blood, and as the story progress more victims turn up dead with the same MO. Jackie’s character is suppose to be this hard-though, kick-butt chick but she came off as an awful and unlikeable character. As for Laurel she is the opposite of Jackie, she’s suppose to be the softer-wise one. Laurel is really one of those forgettable characters you either don’t care for or don’t even remember.

The plot started out real slow, I think I almost gave up at one point but forced myself to continue. To be honest, I bought this book mostly based solely the cover and the so-so synopsis. The plot turns out to be a real bore and nothing exciting really happens. The scenes that are meant to be climatic were not. Even the character’s dialogue had no real feelings, or at least I was never able to connect with any of the characters like I usually do when I read other books.

Overall the book had poor character development and world-building. If you really want to read this, than I suggest borrowing it from a friend or library but otherwise avoid at all cost. Do not waste your time or money.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Deadworld.