tENTATIVELY, cONVENIENCE's Reviews > Sabina Felt Lost

Sabina Felt Lost by Anaïs Nin

Oh, shit! This was probably given to me by someone that I met once & then forgot. Maybe somebody from NYC performing in Pittsburgh, maybe they stayed at my house. It's a small bk that has the Nin quote "Sabina felt lost." on the front cover - followed by "I know why Sabina felt lost; from chasing after excitement, never settling down." beginning the 1st page. The last page has a credit.. or an ad:

"21st SUFFRAGETTES
ART + PERFORMANCE
BY WOMEN

SAT. JUNE 16, 2001

BROOKLYN, NYC"

So maybe this little bklt had something to do w/ that event. Maybe it was given out to the audience. Dunno. At any rate, Sabina's life is described: "There's an exhiliration to getting dressed-up at night and leaving your apartment at 11:00 to meet friends, dance, drink, socialize, drink, smoke, make new friends. When you leave your apartment you don't know exactly what'll happen or who will be there, but you have an idea." & then there's the coming-down: "They know that you're wasting your life away during the night. That you're killing your body with alcohol and nicotine and bad food."

This is a simple bk & I like it for that. The writer takes Nin quotes & weaves them into a narrative about a common socializing lifestyle that most people who've tried to have some fun every once in a while have experienced.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sabina Felt Lost.