Lara 's Reviews > Falling Together

Falling Together by Marisa de los Santos

Oct 06, 11

** spoiler alert ** SO disappointed! After Love Walked In and Belong to Me, both which, in my honest opinion, are two almost perfect novels, I had become such a huge fan of Marisa de los Santos. I completely fell in love with her characters and her poetic writing. And, both of those aspects just didn't come alive in Falling Together. Overall, I liked Pen and Will, but I felt that they were just a little too self-righteous, good, and, honestly, a little boring. My favorite character was actually Jason, and got a little annoyed with the constant jokes about his vocabulary. Funny once, but ten times later, not so much. Also, I didn't really find the reason of separation believable.

********SPOILER ALERT********
********SPOILER ALERT********

Basically, Cat "broke up" with Will/Pen because she wanted to dedicate herself to her marriage and didn't feel that was possible with having the incredibly exclusive friendship that the three of them had. Seriously?? And, finally, when they find Cat, she just seemed so heartless and selfish to me. She showed no appreciation for the fact that these three people had traveled across the world to find her because they were worried about her. Honestly, I didn't think she deserved the love and loyalty she got from Jason, Pen, and Will.

So, Marisa...next time, can you just continue writing about LWI/BTM characters?

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Falling Together.