Ruby's Reviews > Bumped

Bumped by Megan McCafferty

Oct 06, 11

Bumped is funny, fast-paced, and crazy. Set in the future, sometime past March 2025, identical twins, Harmony and Melody, separated at birth and raised by different families, come together to discover themselves in a world that has expects certain things from them, things they are not sure they want. A virus has infected the adult population and teenagers are responsible for procreating the species. With the right breeding, education, good looks, fertility, and agent, a teenage girl can make enough money to pay for a college education. It sounds so simple and promising if you don’t think about it too much.

Told in the first person point of view from both sisters’ perspective, I liked the two distinct voices of Melody and Harmony. When their paths collide, they are side by side, looking identical but sounding so different and acting so different from each other and their interactions are very entertaining.

Even though I found the book very entertaining, I think I would only recommend it to upper level high school students because of its content.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Bumped.