Linda's Reviews > A Tendering in the Storm

A Tendering in the Storm by Jane Kirkpatrick

Jul 18, 08

Read in April, 2008

I read all 3 books in this series, A Clearing in the Wild, A Tendering in the Storm and A Mending at the Edge. They follow a woman, Emma Wagner Giesy in her journey from Bethel, Missouri to Willipa, Washington and then on to Aurora, Oregon. She is part of a religious group led by a Wilhelm Keil. During this journey she learns a great deal about herself. I wanted to read this book as I volunteer with the Aurora Colony Historical Society. I did enjoy the book as it gave me a great look into the lives of these people and as a volunteer that information is great! However, it didn't capture my attention as much as I would have liked and the story moved along a bit slow for me. I felt the three books could have been condensed into one or maybe two. I think people get bored and turned off with the first book and never make it to the next two so they can read more as the story unfolds. I kept with it because it was a book about the very settlement I volunteer with. If this had not been the case I would have not continued reading that and I had to know the end, of course!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Tendering in the Storm.