Brandi Kosiner (Brandi Breathes Books)'s Reviews > Pregnant Pause

Pregnant Pause by Han Nolan

Oct 09, 11

Read from October 06 to 09, 2011

Pregnant Pause will take you on an emotional roller-coaster and a journey of discovery and growth for the main character Ely.
This is a different spin on teen pregnancy, and I like the other themes that are woven in like friendship, forgiveness, self-esteem and taking (or not) responsibility under high pressure situations.
The characters are rich and really make this book, from Banner the whiny camper, to Lam the teeter totter husband, to Ziggy the one who confuses us even more, the in laws with their quirks and her parents with their naiviety, and we can't forget the Old Bat. :)
Many things surprised me about the way the story went, and it's really stuck with me. So yes, you will get some of what you expect and a lot that you don't. a
It took me a while to understand and connect with Ely, at first I just wanted to smack some sense into her, but as we find out reasons behind her troubles, and as she grows into herself, she really is an admirable character that I learned from.
I really recommend this, but I would put a mature teen label on it for some language, drug reference, sex and tough issues.
2 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Pregnant Pause.

message 1: by Hikari (new) - added it

Hikari I agree and I wanted to smack some sense into her as well. She was so rude but she did become admirable in the end.