Brea's Reviews > Dreaming Dangerously

Dreaming Dangerously by Kathleen Harsch

Oct 26, 11

Read from October 06 to 07, 2011 — I own a copy

** spoiler alert ** *Edited to say this was a goodreads firstread.*

Hey Psi Child...

Cassie is not the ordinary teenage girl. No, you won't find any vampires or werewolves here Twi-hards. What Cassie has in 'Dreaming Dangerously' is the ability to read minds. More specifically she can mind-drop or mind-scan a crowd to look for someone she recognizes. Upon entering her new high school she feels drawn to this one particular guy, Will.(view spoiler) And the plot thickens...

Kathleen Suzette Harsch throws us into a new kind of paranormal world, one devoid of all things with fangs and blood. And yet the book is just as addictive. The overall development of characters is superb. I've read quite a few books which had a nice plot, but poor character development and they really suffer because of that. But that's not the case with this book. You really get a sense of the anxiety Cassie feels with having to keep this secret under constant lock and key. The two constants in her life have been to hide this gift and trust no one. So when dimple-faced Will comes into the picture pleading for her to trust him, you really feel the tug of war going on within Cassie's heart. When she would feel suspicious of Will, I found myself thinking aloud, 'Wait a minute, can we trust him? How much do we really know about this guy Cassie?' Which is great! I love to feel as if I'm in the book's world.

Greatly edited, flowing through with a good pace, I have my reasons for why you should check out this book:

Reason #1
Its about mind reading and who has never wanted that power?

Reason#2
Fantastic plot and great characters.

Reason#3
It really is a page turner. It keeps you guessing and has you on your toes the entire time.

Reason#4
The ending! If for no other reason, read it for the most incredible ending I have ever read in a long time.

Brea's overall rating 5/5 (seriously, you couldn't tell)
2 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dreaming Dangerously.

10/06/2011 page 83
32.0% "Seriously loving this book! So good!" 1 comment
10/06/2011 page 124
48.0% "Read a bit more before bed. I'm really hoping there's a sequel coming out!" 1 comment