Rebecca's Reviews > Something Like Fate

Oct 06, 2011

liked it
bookshelves: chicklit, ya
Read in June, 2011

Gah, this was such a lame YA book!! I had never read anything from this author before and I think I saw her blurbbed on the back of someone else, which is how I got her name. Not a bad book, just so so so boring. Two girls are best friends. Main Girl is protag and the voice of the story. Girl Friend starts dating some random from school and before you know it, Main Girl likes him too, shocker! Gah, you can see where this is going already. Girl Friend leaves town for the summer for camp or something and Dude and Main Girl becomes friends. Yes, doesn't this sound like that summer season on 90210 when Brenda went to Paris and Kelly and Dylan started hooking up? It's the same thing, but lamer. Girl Friend comes back from camp and Main Girl doesn't want to see dude again until he tells Girl Friend that they are broken up. Shit happens and Girl Friend finds out that Main Girl and dude hung out all summer and she gets super mad. So now no one dates dude and the Girls are no longer friends. Main Girl comes out the total looser in this situation, yet she thinks it's her fault (it sort of is). Of course, the whole thing wraps up in like 3 pages and everyone is friends again. YAY! Just like senior year, only FUNNER! Lame.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Something Like Fate.