Gaby's Reviews > Food, Girls, and Other Things I Can't Have

Food, Girls, and Other Things I Can't Have by Allen Zadoff

F_50x66
Oct 06, 11

Food , Girls,and Other Things I Cant Have journeys through Andrew being an obese boy ,who weighs 300 pounds, has an annoying,young,skinny sister. Andrew deals with being bullied moreover being really self- conscience about himself. Watching who is seeing him eat ,moreover his mom is a carterer whos specialty is baking mini food. Although there is alot of mischief occurring Andre does meet someone who really catches his eye. April is a Asian girl who Andrew meets during his mom's work. Andrew would never would've thought that he would meet April ever again , however he was so wrong.April becomes one of hisserious numerous problems, thinking about if he would ever have a chance with her or be with her ever again. To add, Andrew not only goes through crush dilemmas ,but a lot of ordinary high school problems. Like,being popular ,football,beer,friendship , and April. Andrew also has a serious case of asthma , he eats when he's upset, hates being and underdog,being teased by a fatter boy,would he be playing a sport? Andrew ditches one of the classes with his best friend,Eytan to try out for the football team. When Andrew is finally in the football team he hides it from everyone. Why would a fat boy join football when he hates sports? Did he do it for someone?to be with someone? High schools can be really rough for kids and popularity is just something that comes with high school. You could be a nerd,jock,rocker,class clown,ugly crowd ,and lastly the fat crowd. But when Andrew finds out why there was a spot for enter in the first place, he gets curious...I realy do recommend this book because it makes you see through a perspective of not only a boy but a fat nerd boy. It really makes you feel for the kids and might remind you of personal experinces. If you were a cheerleader or jock or maybe even fat. I liked the book because it makes me feel thankful of how much I weigh and how high school really is going to change me.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Food, Girls, and Other Things I Can't Have.