Bria's Reviews > Evolution in Four Dimensions: Genetic, Epigenetic, Behavioral, and Symbolic Variation in the History of Life

Evolution in Four Dimensions by Eva Jablonka

Sep 12, 2010

Recommended for: biological organisms
Read in August, 2010

I read this book slowly over several months, which only amplified the effect that I think it may have had anyway, which is that I so thoroughly integrated the whole paradigm it describes into my belief system that I no longer know what I learned from it. Besides being exquisitely explained and supported, the authors' attitudes are really what makes me swallow it up. Never do they hunker down and claim that everybody else is wrong and they are right, never do they dismiss counter-arguments, never are they unreasonable or dogmatic, even in pointing out the possible dogmatism of others. They merely present the results of years of research, summarize what they think it means and the effects it should have on evolutionary and biological thinking (or rather, the effects it has already had on theirs), and point out their disagreements with others, all without being a dick about it.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Evolution in Four Dimensions.