Erin Dameron-Hill's Reviews > Haunted on Bourbon Street

Haunted on Bourbon Street by Deanna Chase

Nov 11, 11

Read from October 06 to November 11, 2011

It's rare when a full-length novel can keep me entertained! I suffer from extreme A.D.D. and the slightest thing can distract me! But I was firmly planted on my chair while reading HAUNTED ON BOURBON STREET. My eyes were nailed to every word and even though I figured out the mystery really early on, the story of the characters themselves intrigued me!

Jade, our heroine, has some serious issues. She's an empath, which means she can read people's emotions like a book. It's an invasion of privacy of sorts into strangers' lives and it has driven her to seclusion. But upon moving to New Orleans, her isolation comes to a full stop. She has just moved in above a strip club which just so happens to be haunted, she is followed by a ghost and his dog, she falls head-over-heels for the landlord, and she meets several new friends. Her world has been flipped upside down and the chaos that ensues is downright exciting!

Kane, or as I like to call him, Sugar Kane, is the sexiest landlord a girl could hope for! And he's more than just a pile of yummy man-meat. He is kind, considerate and a dreamwalker. There is a lot to this man--he is emotionally charged and physically powerful. When he learns the woman he loves is being haunted and even hurt by said ghost, the man literally runs into an alternate reality to try and save her!

There are some seriously spunky characters in this novel and I loved each of them for their special quirks! I enjoyed Pyper's strength and stubbornness and was horrified when she was abducted by a vengeful spirit! Charlie, the bartender, was not only sexy, but she made me smile with her sexual innuendo. Even the coffeehouse girl, Holly, had a character arc! No character was left behind!

I am glad that this was the first in the Jade Calhoun series because I will be reading the sequel! I just hope the mystery isn't too obvious but with the way Deanna Chase writes, I didn't need a mystery to enjoy this tale!

Officially Reviewed by The Romance Reviews

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Haunted on Bourbon Street.

10/10/2011 page 78