Dorine's Reviews > St. Lucy's Home for Girls Raised by Wolves

St. Lucy's Home for Girls Raised by Wolves by Karen Russell

Oct 06, 11

Ok. So I picked this book of short stories for an English class in order to complete a book review requirement. Let me first say that I love English (the subject) and I really enjoyed the class with a crazy, but very interesting professor. I also learned that I'm not fond of short stories and this book really brought that feeling home. The characters in the stories were great, but the stories in and of themselves were depressing for the most part. Also, I'm not one to be left hanging. Is it just me or do a lot of short stories leave you hanging? This book was essentially about lost kids. It just made me cringe to think of these pour souls having to endure what they did. I guess that's because I'm a mother? That doesn't mean that various parts of the book didn't have their funny moments. It's a book that has a lot to do with adolescent weirdom. Been there - done that, but it's been a LONG time. Thanks to my English instructor(male and therefore childlike, despite his 70 odd years), I was able to comprehend the meaning behind each story. Thanks, but I'll stick to my 3-400+ page novels about anything but adolescence and (just recently learned) politics. Happy reading all!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read St. Lucy's Home for Girls Raised by Wolves.