Merary's Reviews > Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban by J.K. Rowling

Actual rating: 4.5/5 stars

I solemnly swear I'm up to no good.
That phrase . . . ahhh. One of my favorites.

It's Harry's third year at Hogwarts and this time things are supposed to be great and calm. WRONG. Dementors are free around the wizardry world and their main focus is Harry Potter. Also, an annoying Divination teacher is making Harry's mood worse. Draco Malfoy, Harry's rival, is tormenting him about his experience with the dementors. And worst of all, the alleged man who betrayed his parents is out of Azkaban, and he's looking to hunt Harry down.

Here's where the plot thickens. This is not just the ordinary story that was in the first two books, things actually become more complex. The movie version wasn't very satisfactory. Don't get me wrong, it was entertaining, but small aspects made the movie dull. (view spoiler)
The .5 less is there because of my experience with the movie. Don't get me wrong, this isn't Rowling's fault, but unfortunately, that's how I feel. But, when I actually read the book, it was so much better than I expected. The magical characteristics are still there, but ten times better.

If I hear someone saying these books suck, my only response is:

Seriously, what's wrong with you?!

And if someone dares to tell me that to my face, he/she will get this:

Take that, you foul, evil, little cockroach!

Looking forward for the next book.
4 likes • Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban.

Quotes Merary Liked

J.K. Rowling
“I solemnly swear that I am up to no good.”
J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban