Kim Smiley's Reviews > Winner Take All

Winner Take All by Janet Quin-Harkin

Oct 06, 2011

Read on March 10, 2017 , read count: 2

I LOVED this book as a teenager and I really need to find a copy so I can read it again. All I can remember is it involved skiing and was a typical teenage romance book. Now if I could only find a copy out there to read again, I could actually write a decent review.

*****Well, I did end up finding this book and I read it in one day. Definitely a book for tweens, not the adult I am now.

This book is about a girl who is infatuated with the popular boy in school. When he asks if she's going on the school ski trip, she says yes, even though she doesn't know how to ski.

On the first day there, she lets him and his friends pressure her into skiing the biggest, hardest trail in the place. When she can't keep up, they leave her behind and she wipes out and breaks her leg.

Now, stranded inside for the remainder of the trip, her bestie, normally a wallflower, finds a guy who is interested in her and is gone most of the time.

She finds herself in the video game room. She's never played in a real arcade, only at home, but she's fallen in love with Pac-Man, has the highest score. Then walks in a guy with a broken leg. Apparently, he was on the squad for the skiing Olympics, until he broke his leg.

Now she and this kid are in a video game war.

Told you it was more geared towards tweens!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Winner Take All.

03/10 marked as: read