Shawnee Bowlin's Reviews > Runny Babbit Book and Abridged CD

Runny Babbit Book and Abridged CD by Shel Silverstein

Oct 13, 11

Read from October 06 to 07, 2011

Oh, my, I wasn't even halfway through the book of 'Runny Babbit' and I was disrupting my husband's tv viewing with laughter! I not only enjoyed the silly way Silverstein twisted the words, but also interpreting the words as I read to give my brain a little work-out. I couldn't resist grinning and wondering about the author as I skipped through the delightful short stories about Runny. Now I remember why my son put Silverstein on his favorite authors list as a child. I can recall fond memories of reading to my children and teaching them to appreciate words and the value of silliness. I'm in my mid-forties and still young at heart because of books like 'Runny Babbit'! (Never get too old and bogged down with life that you can't enjoy a good book and a little silly reading just for fun and distraction.) So, if you're feeling old and your brain feels tired or foggy with heavy thoughts, head to the local library and check out some Shel Silverstein. Better yet, buy some of his books to share with some of the little visitors to your home.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Runny Babbit Book and Abridged CD.