Nojh's Reviews > Changeless

Changeless by Gail Carriger

M 50x66
Jan 18, 12

bookshelves: crime, drama, fantasy, science-fiction, speculative-fiction, steampunk, supernatural, urban-fantasy, romance, adventure, magic, mystery, politics
Recommended for: Fans of the series
Read from October 06, 2011 to January 16, 2012 — I own a copy, read count: 1

While I liked this book better than the first I'm still not sure how I feel about the series overall. I'm not an avid romance reader but I've read series like this before and it strikes me as the the type of series that likes to hopscotch between the romance genre and, in this case, the steampunk genre. Because it its constant jumping, I feel I'm not getting the enjoyment that I want out of the book.

I don't want to say the book is bad. It isn't. In this case I believe the problem is with the reader and his expectations rather than he book itself. I want a slightly more in depth steampunk novel and instead I'm reading a Victorian science fiction romance adventure novel.

That being said I will read the third book because I both already own it and the ending to this book was a bit of an emotional cliffhanger which I'm curious to see how it is resolved. We'll see if I continue reading after that.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Changeless.