Susan Roebuck's Reviews > Fixed

Fixed by Tristram La Roche

Oct 06, 11

Read in October, 2011

Tristram La Roche should be getting quite a cult behind him now with his third book in as many months (don't quote me) and another on the way. One of the aspects of his stories that I enjoy is that he takes his readers on journeys to wonderful places. London, Italy and now France and Monte Carlo - and the casino! His main characters are never the hunky beefcakes seen in the more run-of-the-mill novels in this genre. On the contrary, Tristram's are full of angst, insecurities, fidgety hands and expressions such as, "I hope he's not getting soppy". It's the supporting characters that bring on the glitz and, in this case, it's Pete the Plumber. If ever you're in Yorkshire, look him up because, boy, it'll be worth it. In fact I'd say Pete may be my favorite character yet, so beguiling, sweet yet sexy (he's got flowing chocolate-brown hair). I'd like to adopt him.
If you enjoy m/m (and this one's steamier than ever) then I recommend it. But just a couple of warnings: it's HOT and it's short (so don't complain about that afterwards).

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fixed.