Patricia Puddle's Reviews > Flushing Fish

Flushing Fish by Andrew Priddy

Oct 16, 11

bookshelves: autobiographies, inspirations-books, recomendations
Recommended to Patricia by: No one. I saw it on Facebook.
Recommended for: All adult readers
Read from October 13 to 17, 2011 — I own a copy

This story is quite sad, but very inspirational. It tells how the author went to Africa with his parents at the age of two. It's quite a tough life and the boy goes through a lot and later becomes an alcoholic, no doubt because of the things he's had to live through. There are some humorous parts to the story as well as the sad ones and it moves along at a fast pace. I had to keep reading it until the end just to see what had made him become addicted to alcohol. The only negative thing I have to say, is I would have liked more detail about some things, but of course Andrew is a gentleman and was obviously protecting certain people.

I really admire Andrew after reading his life story. He is an inspiration to other alcoholics, and very brave to write about his addiction and his life and then to come through it sober. Not many would. It took courage. Though I guess it must be still quit hard for him, but I wish him all the luck in the world.

This story will make you cry, but also smile, and it gives the reader feel-good moments too. I highly recommend it to all adults and teenagers and I give it top marks.

I loved reading about life in Africa. It gave an insight of how life was back in 1970. A great read.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Flushing Fish.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Andrew Priddy Thank You Patricia, i'm glad you enjoyed my story :)

Patricia Puddle Andrew wrote: "Thank You Patricia, i'm glad you enjoyed my story :)"

You're welcome, Andrew. Thanks for sharing your story with the world. Stories like this should be told. It helps other people and families.

I also posted a review on Amazon.

Take care,