Jess the Romanceaholic's Reviews > Fire Burn and Cauldron Bubble

Fire Burn and Cauldron Bubble by H.P. Mallory

This is a Quickie Review. For the full review, please visit The Romanceaholic.

Expected Release Date: September 2, 2010 (Available Now)
Publisher: Self-Published
Imprint: N/A
Author’s Website: http://www.hpmallory.com/
My Source for This Book: Gift from the author
Part of a Series: Yes, Book 1, Jolie Wilkins Series
Series Best Read In Order: N/A
Steam Level: Warm
While this is an Urban Fantasy, and therefore sadly lacking in the HEA department, I actually didn’t care, because instead of frustrating me, it simply made me want to read more of the series.

Overall, I thoroughly enjoyed this one. While it was a bit on the long side (over 100k words), it passed very quickly, without a lot of heavy drama to pull the reader down. There were plenty of fantastical elements, ranging from various species, Jolie’s developing powers, and even a visit to the fairy realm, but there was also quite a bit of action to keep both the characters and the readers on their toes.

I think the thing I liked the most about this book was how much fun it was. Instead of bogging the story down with heavy drama and gory action, the humor, sexual tension, and whirlwind pacing left me closing the book with a smile on my face.

At the time of this review, this book is only $0.99 on Kindle at Amazon, and I personally recommend it for any fan of lighthearted, fast-paced urban fantasy.

A cheerfully solid 4.5/5 Stars
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fire Burn and Cauldron Bubble.