Sarah's Reviews > Alien in the Family

Oct 17, 11

bookshelves: books-i-own-print, favorites, read-in-2011, books-i-own-kindle
Recommended to Sarah by: Larissa
Read from October 05 to 07, 2011 — I own a copy, read count: 1

Alien in the Family continues the story six months on from the ending of Alien Tango, Kitty and Martini's relationship is stronger than ever and they are in the middle of planning their wedding. Their only worry should be how to keep the fact that Martini's family are all aliens a secret from Kitty's family but their lives are never that simple. It turns out that Martini is in fact a member of the Alpha Centaurion Royal Family and they're about to have visitors who want to make sure Kitty is a suitable wife for him. They aren't the only new additions to the guest list though, members of the Planetary Council are also on their way and things are about to get complicated!

If you've read any of my previous reviews for this series you'll already know that I've become a massive fan of Gini Koch - it's been a while since a new series hooked me in quite so quickly. I'm not sure how Gini does it but the series just keeps on getting better and better with each new installment. To say Alien in the Family is action packed is an understatement, the surprises just keep coming and it makes for an addictive read. When I pick up one of these books I have to know I've got plenty of time to read - I can easily devour each book in one sitting and find them nearly impossible to put down once I get started.

I don't want to give spoilers by telling you any more about the plot so I'm just going to say if you love Kitty, Martini and the gang you're going to love this installment. There are some fantastically sweet moments between Kitty & Martini, I love the friendship between Kitty & Reader and Kitty gets some fab new pets (OMG I want a Poof of my own!). Along with the team we know and love we are also introduced to some great new characters, Kitty gets to meet her alien soul sister and she also adds some new members to the airborn crew.

This story made me laugh and cry, it was an emotional roller coaster and I loved every minute of it. It's going to be a long wait until Alien Proliferation comes out in December and I know it will be a book I devour as soon as I can get my hands on a copy. Kitty and Martini remain one of my favourite fictional couples and I'm already looking forward to their next adventure. In the meantime I feel a re-read coming on! If you're yet to discover this series don't let the science fiction label put you off, if you're an urban fantasy fan who enjoys a fast paced story line with sexy characters and non-stop action then you'll adore these books!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Alien in the Family.

Quotes Sarah Liked

Gini Koch
“I was moving from worried to scared, and I could see terrified waving at me from just around the next bend in the road.”
Gini Koch, Alien in the Family

Gini Koch
“You know, things you did and do to make sure you and Mom have such a great marriage?” “Oh! I gave that advice to Jeff already. Applies to him more than you.” “Share with my anyway.” Dad shrugged. “I told him that he just needed to remember three things. First, he doesn’t run your life, and after today, he won’t run his life, either. Second, in any argument, there is your wife’s side and then there is enemy camp; never choose enemy camp in an attempt to be reasonable, because it never works. And, third, to remember that a happy wife is a happy life.”
Gini Koch, Alien in the Family

10/06/2011 page 117
26.0% "I'm so relieved! I was about to start bawling my eyes out for a few minutes there!!"
10/06/2011 page 160
35.0% "I really badly want one of Kitty's new pets!"

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Sofija My favorite scene in this book is when Kitty tried to get attention from guys with unusual method))) It was hilarious!
And I want a Poof too. They are the cutest fictional pets ever.

Sarah Lol that was so funny wasn't it, Martini's reaction had me in hysterics! The Poofs were adorable, I really want one :o)