Rebecca's Reviews > Bossypants

Bossypants by Tina Fey

Oct 05, 11

bookshelves: chicklit, tv
Read in April, 2011

Tina Fey's book! The most anticipated book of the year! And well worth the wait. When I told my mom that my reservation had come up at the library, she said she wanted it for a week. I gave it to her the weekend my sister came to visit and she finished it in 3 days. When I got it back, I did the same. It was just all around fabulous. Great stories from her childhood and starting out in Chicago. Her bestie is Amy Pholer, which I totally didn't know! She talked a bit, but not tons about SNL, focusing a lot actually on her Sarah Palin impression, which actually I don't know much about, since I was overseas when all this was going on. I mean, it totally made news and all the clips that the internet and the news could get its hands on, we loved, but I never knew what an impact it made on the US! And even in just talking to my mom, she had never heard of Tina Fey before the impression, which my sister and I were shocked about (but we have been pretty die hard SNL nerds since 1993) though apparently a lot of other people were in the same boat as my mom. So weird! And the fact that she did it every single week for like 6 weeks? Totally didn't know that!

She talked about her personal life and kids, which of course is a big subject for her. She mentions that when she looks at pictures of peoples pets (their "kids"), she doesn't know what to say, which something I can totally relate to also, except flipped for kids.

A great, easy read for all those that love her. A must! I may actually buy this book (or at the very least, not return or regift if I get it as a gift)
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Bossypants.