Sam's Reviews > Ready Player One

Oct 24, 11

bookshelves: sci-fi-favourites, science-fiction, 5-star-gems
Read from October 06 to 08, 2011

WOW. Just, wow.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Ready Player One.

Quotes Sam Liked

Ernest Cline
Continue your quest by taking the test

Yes, but what test? What test was I supposed to take? The Kobayashi Maru? The Pepsi Challenge? Could the clue have been any more vague?”

Ernest Cline
“You'd be amazed how much research you can get done when you have no life whatsoever.”

Ernest Cline
“Going outside is highly overrated.”

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Molly Talbert I just started this one! As a major sci-fi fan girl, I'm already loving it!

message 2: by Sam (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sam That's great! It's an awesome book for sci-fi fans so I hope you enjoy the rest of it! :)

Molly Talbert I just finished it and I loved it! So much fun, yet slightly disturbing! It was great!

message 4: by Sam (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sam Yay! So happy you enjoyed it! It's amazing, right?! :D

Molly Talbert Yes! And it was much more complex than I was expecting, mainly the things concerning their society. I understand the hype now!

Jessica This was definitely my fave book of 2011 - I loved just absolutely everything about it! Awesome review!

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

I keep almost starting this one. I'm afraid it won't live up to my unfairly high expectations :P.

message 8: by Sam (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sam Jessica, thanks! It's definitely one of my favourites too.

Ace, start it soon! I loved it but I actually didn't have very high expectations when I started it. ;) I can't wait to see what you think.

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

I think I will. I am in the middle of Wool right now (which I should have been able to finish in one sitting, but life is always getting in the way), but I don't have anything picked out for my next read.

message 10: by Sam (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sam Wool sounds really good. It's gotten some great reviews. Are you enjoying it so far?

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

It's very reminiscent of Fahrenheit 451 (at least to me), but I really like it. I was too sleepy last night to read much, so I'm only a few chapters in, but the world-building is done well. I can visualize the scenery and I'm intrigued by the characters.

Jessica I read the first 4 Wool last year, but have not gotten into the 5th one yet. They are pretty good. The first one I would give like 3.5 to 4 stars, Wool 2 I would give maybe 3 stars and then Wool 3 and Wool 4 would get a strong 5 stars from me - he definitely got better with each book (except for book 2 - that didn't do it for me for some reason - I think I just didn't much like the main character in that one). They are really awesome though and worth the read :)

message 13: by Sam (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sam Thanks, Jessica. I didn't realise it was a series. :) I'm glad to hear it got better as it went on - that's not always the case with a series.

Jessica Yeah, there are five in total :) each on is longer than the previous one, so they start of quite short, almost a short story and then get more toward being a novella. Definitely worth the read! I have been delaying book 5, even though I have it and I think it's because I don't want it to end lol...sometimes I do that with last books...I avoid them because I am not ready to accept there won't be anymore hahaaha.

message 15: by Sam (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sam That's the thing about the final book in a series! Though I am more of a dive-straight-in kind of person as I am super impatient - especially if the final book means I will have all my burning questions answered. :) I do regret it afterwards though as I always want more!

Kenya Wright Nerdgasm!!

message 17: by Sam (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sam Ha! Completely. ;)

~♡Sushi♡~ I heard there is a movie in development! Warner Bros. bought the rights to it!

message 20: by Sam (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sam No way! Thanks for sharing that! :D I can't wait. :)

~♡Sushi♡~ Yes way~

No problem! ^^

Laura YES, I found this in your five star gem shelf and freaked out. I'm glad you also enjoyed this amazing book.

message 23: by Sam (new) - rated it 5 stars