Jamie's Reviews > Happy Birthday to Me Again

Happy Birthday to Me Again by Brian  Rowe

Jan 08, 12

bookshelves: books-i-own, arc, e-books, kindle, magic, paranormal-romance, review-copy, review-copy-from-author-publisher, witches, ya
Read from December 23 to 31, 2011

First of all, I loved this one as much as the first book. A lot of the time the sequel is good but doesn't live up to just how great the first book was. The author did a fantastic job in writing this sequel. The story flowed along at a nice pace and was just as good as the first. While there were similarities to the previous book this one took it to a whole new level. We get reacquainted with the characters we know but we also get to meet some new characters.

Cameron is back to his normal eighteen year old self after last year aging a year older every day. He is happily in love with his girlfriend Liesel and asks her to marry him. Everyone thinks he is too young to get married. Liesel is still keeping secrets from him and doesn't want to reveal any thing about her previous life or her family.

As the wedding gets closer Cameron meets and flirts with a girl who will forever change his life. While celebrating his birthday he decides to tell Liesel that he is not ready to be a married man. She storms out of the restaurant leaving Cameron alone. Then the birthday candle relights and that is where everything starts to go downhill again for Cameron. Liesel gets kidnapped and Cameron starts aging backwards. So instead of months, he only has a couple weeks to live. Who put a curse on him this time? Will Liesel be able to save him this time or will it be too late?

I was surprised to find out who put the curse on him and who the girl he met really is. I loved the comedy and all the action. It wasn't as sad as the first book but it was just as good. The ending was heart pounding and suspenseful. I can't wait to read the last book in this trilogy.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Happy Birthday to Me Again.