Jessica (BookRockGodess) Bolton's Reviews > Enclave

Enclave by Ann Aguirre

Oct 05, 11

bookshelves: books-on-cd
Read in October, 2011

I knew nothing of this book when I picked it up. I actually bought this book because of its cover and the fact that I thought it would make a good Halloween read. I have to give it to, who every designed this cover because it just makes you want to pick the book up and read it to find out why it would have this type of cover. The cover is creepy and so is this book but very thrilling.

The characters in this book are very well thought out and I felt that the author took nothing for granted in this book. She describes the subterranean world that Deuce lives in vividly so much so, that I could picture it in my mind. The creatures that are called eaters or freaks are just that horrible. I found myself telling Deuce to get out or fight just so many different emotions that I didn’t expect to feel while I read this book.

I have become a fan of the more honorific style books lately. This book is reminiscent of Carrie Ryan’s In the Forest of Hands and Teeth with out the zombies or at least I don’t think that they are zombies. I do know that the freaks are some kind of genetic mutation with zombie like tendencies. So, if you like books that are on the dark side and may have some flesh-eating creatures in it than I say this book is for you! Also, if you are like me and just want something different from the safe everyday books you are used to reading than give this one a try you won’t be disappointed!!!
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Enclave.