Anne's Reviews > The Z Word

The Z Word by Bella Street

F_50x66
Oct 05, 11

Read in October, 2011

I didn't really know what the story was about other than that there would be zombies, so it was a complete surprise as it started and unfolded.

The story telling was easy to read and flowed well. I could not predict where the story was going and what would happen next and most importantly the story made me want to find out.

I did have issues with the characters. I felt a chapter setting up the four main principles and their relationship would have helped the reader understand the dynamic better and why they responded to the situation as poorly as they did (Why was Addison so angry? Is Lani mentally deficient or did she burn her brains out on drugs?). I was surprised the female characters were so weak and valley girlish, in sci-fi books the main female characters tend to rise to the occasion and become kick ass heroines. Upon reflection, maybe this is a bit more realistic, but come on, Seffy still didn't believe in zombies (or admit it to herself)by page 200?!?

I was also stunned when the book ended with NO ANSWERS, NOT ONE! Come on, a little pay back, please. I was happy to see that there was a sequel which will hopefully address this and give some answers to what's going on.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Z Word.