Simcsa's Reviews > Marked

Marked by P.C. Cast

Oct 05, 2011

it was ok
bookshelves: fantasy-paranormal, vampires, supernatural-creatures, read-in-2011, witches-wizards, angels-demons-gods, dropped-series
Read from October 05 to 06, 2011

Zoey, you're such a hypocrite.

"Eww! Heath, fat! Not a visual I want.”
I managed to ignore another urge to cough. "And kissing him is like sucking on alcohol-soaked feet.”
K scrunched up her face. "Okay, sick. Too bad he's so hot.”
I rolled my eyes, not bothering to try to hide my annoyance at her typical shallowness.

Shallowness? You should remember why you date him, Zoey! Because he is so smart and honest? Because you can always rely on him? Oh no wait! I know. Because he is always complimenting you!

Marked is a really bad book. Don't read it if you don't want to see how a good idea can be completely spoiled. It's a waste of paper, all of that stupid dialogues, pop culture references and Mary Sue-ish annoying main character. And don't forget Erik and our super insta-love! They are in love from the first time they saw each other and that was in a hall while Afrodita was doing (or trying to do) a blow job to Erik. Romantic, isn't it?

I think Marked is mainly for teens who don't read much or almost at all. If you don't mind all the things I mentioned above then you will probably like it. The best thing I can say about it is that it isn't boring.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Marked.

10/05/2011 page 15
5.0% "Glad I didn't buy it."
10/05/2011 page 122
40.0% "Hair like Superman? Huh?"
show 1 hidden update…

Wendy Darling It IS a really bad book. Probably my least favorite of all the PNRs I've read...and I've read a lot.

Simcsa Yeah,it is but I rarely give 1-star ratings.