Lisa's Reviews > Emblaze

Emblaze by Jessica Shirvington

Nov 18, 11

bookshelves: hachette

Originally posted at Read Me Bookmark Me Love Me

Emblaze is a fantastic addition to this heavenly series. I'm in love with Shirvington's writing and am so proud to be a fellow Australian. She forms strong bonds between her readers and characters, and never fails to maintain a gripping storyline. The conflicts in the novel are epic - "end of the world" kinds of epic. This is a must-read series so go and get started if you haven't already!

There was truly not one dull moment in Emblaze. With so many characters, each with their own stories, we're kept very busy. You'll love the difficult romances, the impossible sacrifices, the bravery, the loss and the gain.. Oh my! So many things happen that'll throw you off your feet. Enticed ended with the recovery of two scriptures, each held by the wrong sides. If the angels give the exiles back their scripture, Lilith will rise. If they don't, the exiles will use the Grigori scripture to eliminate all future half-angels. It's a lose-lose situation, isn't it? With unpredictable characters, any number of outcomes are possible. This novel will surely get your heart pounding!

Lincoln's willpower is frighteningly unyielding. I can't wait to see him cave and just let his romance with Violet blossom! As always, the Lincoln, Violet and Phoenix love triangle is strong. Lincoln hides his pain and suffering from Violet a little too well, and while Violet's feelings for Phoenix are less than sunny, we're still able to understand the irrepressible connection they share. The prophecies in Emblaze are quite amazing and I really enjoyed how they directly connect to the trio. Their decisions play a major part in the universe's fate so they're in quite the predicament!

Each cliffhanger in this series is more shocking than the last. Emblaze's is a jaw-dropper! I'm very eager to get my hands on Endless because we are at the climax of the series! Everything is in place and ready for a roaring start. Prepare for war!
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Emblaze.