Chocoholic's Reviews > A Dog's Purpose

A Dog's Purpose by W. Bruce Cameron

Oct 05, 11

bookshelves: 2011
Read in October, 2011

Honestly, I've had this book for about eight months and just haven't been in the mood to read it. I had no clue what it was about, but bought it at a book fair thinking my pre-teen might like it since she is crazy about dogs. After our book group read it a couple of months ago (I didn't read it with them), I remembered I had it and felt a little like I should read it. The other night I picked it up seriously prepared not to like it or to find it strange, but I found just the opposite. I LOVED it. The story told from the dog's perspective was really captivating. His voice was cute and innocent and full of the fun, ready-to-please energy you find in dogs. I couldn't help but fall in love. I don't currently own a dog and completely loved the story. I would imagine that dog owners would love it even more.

There are a few intense parts in the story (don't want to give anything away), and I'm not sure if my sensitive pre-teen will like it or not. I'm glad I read it first so that if she worries or has questions, I'll be able to help her navigate through her emotions.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Dog's Purpose.