Hayden's Reviews > The Sixth Gun, Vol. 1: Cold Dead Fingers

The Sixth Gun, Vol. 1 by Cullen Bunn

Oct 04, 2011

bookshelves: comics-graphic-novels
Read from October 04 to 06, 2011

The Sixth Gun tells the story of a classic western outlaw-type, and a young girl on the lam from a zombified Civil War Confederate general and his gang, who's trying to kill them and retrieve one of six demonic six-shooters and bring all manner of Hell upon our humble Earth.

I went into this knowing absolutely nothing, and was overall pleasantly surprised. The characters were a little two-dimensional, and the story was predictable at times, but come on... Zombies, demons, giant birds, and guns with crazy ass powers? There's really no way you could hate that.

I think my only real complaint was that there was very little blood, which I consider to be a staple of comics, especially ones as crazy as this. It's not noticeable all the time, but when a character gets shot in the face at point blank range, and the only effect is a small red trickle down the character's face (this happens early on), it kind of takes you out of the story a bit. If they had gone all out and made it just over-the-top gratuitously disgusting, it probably would've been a five star read for me.

4/5

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Sixth Gun, Vol. 1.

10/04/2011 page 33