Elizabeth Sciarra's Reviews > The Rainbow Fish

The Rainbow Fish by Marcus Pfister

Oct 04, 11

After reading this book now that I am older I realized that the main message that it is trying to send out is that sharing is a good thing and no one should be selfish.

Even though Rainbow Fish did not think that sharing his scales was a good idea because it made him beautiful, in the end when he did it made him a happier fish because other people around him were happy too. I think it shows that even if you might be happy, when you start sharing and making other people happy, you as a person will be happier with yourself.

Children in the classroom could start with making their own pretty scales out of arts and craft supplies to introduce this book. After it is read they could maybe write or depending on their age tell the class a time that they shared something with someone else and how it made them feel.

I think this is a really good book for little kids who are having a hard time sharing because it will help them realize that it is better to share than to keep everything to yourself.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Rainbow Fish.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Shelly (new)

Shelly This is a great review. I like how you made connections to your experiences as a child reading the book.
I also like your ideas about how to use the book in your future classroom.