Morgan: Read, Eat, Dream's Reviews > Just Between You and Me: A Novel of Losing Fear and Finding God

Just Between You and Me by Jenny B. Jones

Jan 17, 12

bookshelves: 4-stars
Read in January, 2012

CLICK HERE TO READ MORE REVIEWS AT READING, EATING & DREAMING

Jenny B. Jones is AMAZING! Her novels are inspirational, uplifting, romantic, and entertaining.

I recently read and adored Save the Date by Jenny B. Jones. Immediately after completing Save the Date, I purchased Jenny B. Jones’ other adult Christian fiction novel, Just Between You and Me: A Novel of Losing Fear and Finding God. I loved Save the Date, but I have to say that I loved Just Between You and Me even more.

Just Between You and Me was a hilarious and romantic story that delivered some relatable, relevant, and powerful messages. This novel focused on how fear can hold people back, how God should be the one running our lives, and how people get too busy in their lives and forget about what’s important, like family and God.

All of the characters in this novel, even the supporting characters, were sensational!!

Maggie, the main character, was hilarious and relatable. She’s a driven, independent woman whose life is centered around her career as a cinematographer. She never planned on returning to her hometown, helping raise her sister’s daughter, or falling in love. She had her plan, but God had a plan of His own.

I absolutely adored Riley, Maggie’s niece. Her sarcastic personality and her mischievous behavior cracked me up. She’s a wild child; she’s known for putting bubbles in the town fountain, gluing her substitute teacher to a chair, skipping school, running away, and beating up bullies. Her snarky comments and rebellious actions were hilarious; however, the motivations behind her actions weren’t funny at all. Acting out is how Riley copes with the pain and insecurity from being neglected and abandoned by her mother. Riley made me laugh, but her situation broke my heart. She had an extremely hard life for a young child, and there were many times when I just wanted to wrap my arms around her and protect her.

Maggie and Connor’s relationship was perfection! I loved their witty banter, their initial love-hate attraction, Maggie's nerd comments, their late night adventures, and their slow but steady friendship. They have a beautiful story; it’s definitely worth reading :)

I gave Just Between You and Me: A Novel of Losing Fear and Finding God by Jenny B. Jones 4 STARS. This novel was phenomenal; it was a sweet romance with entertaining characters and a moving plot. I have zero complaints! I recommend this novel to all adults who enjoy adult Christian fiction. I can see myself re-reading this story down the road, and I look forward to reading any Christian fiction novel Jenny B. Jones writes in the future.

-XOXO
READING, EATING & DREAMING
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Just Between You and Me.