faeriemyst's Reviews > The Vision

The Vision by Heather Graham

May 11, 08

bookshelves: romantic-suspense, brain-candy, library-loan
Read in May, 2008

While at the beginning I wasn't too sure I would like Thor -- he was too arrogant and jerky -- and then I wasn't too sure about Gen -- can you say prickly? -- I ended up liking them and their story all the same. Actually the plot and mystery is what really kept me reading. I liked that it was harder to figure out whodunnit than the others in this series, but I did have it narrowed down to two suspects and ended up picking the right one (go me!). Although I'm still not sure exactly why they did it, but then again, when you're a serial killer, do you really need a reason?

The only thing that really bothered me was everyone's outlook on Gen. She's a frickin' Mary-Sue when it goes to someone else's point-of-view or if they're talking about her when she's not around, so I really got sick of hearing how sensual she is, how perfect, how tall and slim, how her smile is perfect -- gag me. When it was through her eyes, everything was fine and I liked her, but really, I can only take so much of hearing about what utter perfection she is. At one point, a local musician said something to the affect that she's Key West's 'jewel' (or gem, something like that) and it was like come on, give me a break. Talk about overkill. There was nothing in the book to even get the impression that she's that well known about the island.

Anyway, aside from my rant, I liked it and thought that the mystery aspect was the best part of the book and it kept me guessing and hooked until the end.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Vision.